This year the only type of digital files nominees cannot upload directly to the Baker Artist Awards site are video files. To use video files you must use a second party system such as Vimeo or You Tube. (We recommend Vimeo – it has a cleaner video player and the site in general is not overloaded with pop videos and clutter – the work there has a more artistic slant. Which ever one you use, carefully read your options on how to use.).
If you already have an account on Vimeo or YouTube – go to the site and use your account. If not sign up and create and account. Vimeo offers a pro version for around 50.00 a year. This allows some extra features that are valuable. More uploads per week and bigger file size per upload.
Once you have created your account upload the videos you intend to use to the site following the directions on the site. After they are sitting on the site each video will have an embed code. This is html code that once placed on a webpage pulls the video image directly to that page.
To place your video on your Baker nomination
1. Go to your nomination page.
2. Chick on the detail you wish to place the video,
3.Click the video icon to your right; A box beneath the detail will open up. This is where you will place your embed code from your video.
4. Go to the page where you uploaded your video. Click on the share feature that gives you an embed code.
5. Copy ALL of the embed code.
6. Save the copied embed code into the box on your nomination page.
7. Make sure you use the embed code NOT THE URL.
8. Click on the blue Nomination lettering at the top of your page (this takes you to your live nomination so you can see what it looks like. Check the video for errors or problems.
9. Remember you can use videos for more than just documentation – you can create studio tours, interviews, any way you feel can make your site more interesting and give the viewer a better understanding of your work
10. If you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org