The only type of digital files nominees cannot upload directly to the Baker Artist Awards site are video files. To use video files you must use a second party system such as Vimeo or You Tube. (We recommend Vimeo – it has a cleaner video player and the site in general is not overloaded with pop videos and clutter – the work there has a more artistic slant. Which ever one you use, carefully read your options on how to use.).
If you already have an account on Vimeo or YouTube – go to the site and use your account. If not sign up and create and account. Vimeo offers a pro version for around 50.00 a year. This allows some extra features that are valuable. More uploads per week and bigger file size per upload.
Once you have created your account upload the videos you intend to use to the site following the directions on the site. After they are sitting on the site each video will have an embed code. This is html code that once placed on a webpage pulls the video image directly to that page.
To place your video on your Baker nomination
1. Go to the page where you uploaded your video.
- Go to your video and click the Share button circled below.
-This will open up another menu shown below and copy ALL of the Embed code (shown highlighted).
-Go to your video you wish to embed and right beneath the video you will see tabs that say About, Share, and Add To. You want to click the Share button circled below.
- This will reveal the Share This Video option right beneath it and gives you the option for Embed, or Email. Click Embed and copy ALL of the embed code.
2. Copy ALL of the embed code.
3. Make sure you use the embed code NOT THE URL.
4. Go to your nomination page.
5. Click on the detail you wish to place the video
6. Click the video icon to your right; A box beneath the detail will open up. This is where you will place your embed code from your video.
7. Click on the blue Nomination lettering at the top of your page (this takes you to your live nomination so you can see what it looks like. Check the video for errors or problems.
8. Remember you can use videos for more than just documentation – you can create studio tours, interviews, any way you feel can make your site more interesting and give the viewer a better understanding of your work
9. If you have any questions contact BakerArtistAwards@gmail.com